Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

August 30th, 2007 21:00

adjusting bass and treble

I reformatted my notebook and so reinstalled all the drivers. There is sound after installing the sound driver. Can anyone please teach me how to adjust the tone properties (treble and bass) of my notebook? I tried using the default volume control of my windows but it is disabled. Is with the driver I am using? or it is not doable at all?

The drivers I used were from the system drivers CD that was sent together with my notebook. By the way, I have an Inspiron 6400/E1505.

I installed these audio drivers in this sequence amd all was installed successfully.

1. SIGMATEL STAC 92xx C-Major HD (driver version A06)

2. Creative Labs Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced HD Audio (driver version 44.1K A02)

3. Creative Labs Integrated Audigy Invitation (Application Version A02)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

August 30th, 2007 22:00

Yes i too am having this same problem, and would like to know how to solve it.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 31st, 2007 01:00

If the bass and treble in the Audio Properties are grayed out, that is normal because they don't work with the Sigmatel chip. I don't know why the controls are still included on the interface.

Many audio players such as Windows Media Player and Winamp have software eq that you can use to adjust the tone. If you have installed the Creative software, it also should have a multiband graphic equalizer.

Jim

August 31st, 2007 03:00

I have a Creative Mixer program but it only adjusts the volume both master control and the source and also for the mic volume... there are 3 more controls but are disabled. What Creative software are you recommending that has equalizer on it.

I have also Winamp. So if I adjust my Winamp equalizer, will it also change the sound quality of my Windows Media Player when I use it or will remain the same as its default quality sound?

I am sking this because I better prefer to use WMP rather than WInamp or Creative due to better video streaming.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 31st, 2007 11:00

I have the Creative software that comes bundled with Soundblaster sound cards, so it might be different from yours. On the bottom of my mixer there are several icons. One is for the eq. Another one is for the EAX Console that others have said their Dell versions have. If I open the EAX Console, the eq icon is there too, also at the bottom.

Winamp eq settings won't carry over to WMP.

On version 10 of WMP, the eq is at the bottom in the normal large view (full mode). If not there, right click on the green area across the very top, select the View menu, then Enhancements, then 'Show Enhancements' to get all of them, or just 'Graphic Equalizer'.

If you are using skin mode, the eq is accessed by a button, the location of which varies according to the skin. Hoover the cursor over the each button to see a description of the button's function.

Jim
No Events found!