Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2013 21:00

auto selection of the last item..

hi everyone,

the cursor moves to the last item of anything of my system. on the desktop it selects the last icon like when u single click on an icon. on the browser it automatically moves down to page end. been banging my head for a few days. ANY SOLUTION IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

3.3K Posts

June 28th, 2013 02:00

Hi shepherd_jul,

Kindly let me know the system model and Operating system installed on the computer so that I can help you better.

Check if the same happens in safe mode. Restart the computer and hit F8 on dell logo and select safe mode.Now use the touchpad in safe mode.

If the touchpad shows the same behavior in safe mode, try uninstalling/reinstalling the touchpad Driver:

Follow below steps to Uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

• Click “Start”, type “Device Manager” and press enter.
  • In the “Device Manager” window, open the "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" selection.
  • Under “"Mice and Other Pointing Devices", right click the Synaptic touchpad, and click “Uninstall”.
  • Check the box “Delete driver software for this device”, click ok and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall.
  • Restart the computer.

Install the touchpad drivers:

• Visit the following website: http://dell.to/10GaKAc
  • Enter the Service tag of the computer in the box provided and click “Submit”.
  • In the next page, click drop down arrow to select the Operating System which is installed in the computer.
  • Under category Input, click on the touchpad drivers and click “Download File” and save the file on desktop.
  • Double click the file and follow the onscreen instructions.

****NOTE: The above troubleshooting steps are for windows 7 Operating system.

Let me know the status.

May 18th, 2015 11:00

Hey, i already have thaproblem. i urse dell insiron 15R.

It always selects the last item of all windows,

it also scrolls down the web ages tooo.

can you help to fix me this problem.

1 Message

September 22nd, 2015 00:00

Hey ,

I am facing the same issue with my Dell,Were you able to resolve the issue?

June 4th, 2016 04:00

how to solve this problem with windows 8?

i need help immediately , i can not do anything with my laptop right now

1 Message

July 29th, 2016 15:00

hi dell-Rajesh R,

even after reinstalling the same thing is appearing.

Please help me out of this

November 19th, 2017 17:00

Hi am experiencing the same problem in windows 10 and I don't see any drivers named synaptic touchpad in the device driver menu . Am using dell Inspiron 3558 . Kindly please give me a solution.

November 19th, 2017 17:00

Hi am experiencing the same problem in windows 10 and I don't see any drivers named synaptic touchpad in the device driver menu . Am using dell Inspiron 3558 . Kindly please give me a solution

No Events found!