Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

February 8th, 2009 07:00

battery indicator light

This one again. My Inspiron 1500 battery indifcator light flashes 4 quick orange then one slightly longer green (like the Morse Code "4").

Despite this the report from the diagnostic part of "My computer - Power Options" notes that the batterty is 97% charged.

The battery is a Dell and has not really been used much apart from four days ago when I let it run completely flat (computer switched off).

What's going on

grandpageorge

1.6K Posts

One or more of the cells in the battery is faulty - if the battery is less than 12 months old, ask for a warranty replacement.  If it's older than that (even if the system warranty is longer than one year) you'll need to budget for a new battery within a short period of time.

14.4K Posts

There is no lisiting for a Inspiron 1500 so looking at a 1501 manual it states

Check the battery status light —

If the battery status light flashes orange or is a steady orange the battery charge is low or depleted. Connect the computer to an electrical outlet.

If the battery status light flashes green and orange, the battery is too hot to charge. Shut down the computer, disconnect the computer from the electrical outlet, and then let the battery and computer cool to room temperature.

If the battery status light rapidly flashes orange, the battery may be defective. Contact Dell. See Contacting Dell. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

I would follow the last statement and contact Dell

18 Posts

May 20th, 2009 04:00

Have exactly the same problem with my Inspiron 1100.  Started after I removed and replaced battery.  Power meter indicates full charge but light continues to flash.  If you

have any answers I wouldbe happy to hear them.

No Events found!