Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2011 22:00

curser will not move

I cannot get my curser to move at all.  I have restarted my computer, taken out the battery and reinstalled.  I also unlocked the num lock as suggested.  Help please!

Thanks

4 Posts

Thanks, I got my mouse out, but cannot find the touchpad software or administrative location.  I have an Inspiron E1705. Must of fallen asleep an hit the wrong key.

4.4K Posts

If you have the TouchPad icon in your tray (down next to the time - lower right), then you can double click on it to bring up Dell's touchpad software.

If you do not have it there, then go to the Control Panel and double click on the mouse icon.  There may be a tab that comes up that says Dell Touchpad.  Each system is different.  You might even have to click on a link that takes you to the Touchpad setup.

4.4K Posts

Since you are posting in the laptop forums, I assume that you have one. 

Can you plug in a USB mouse and will it move the cursor?

By any chance have you disabled the touchpad.  Here is what my touchpad software looks like. Yours may look different but the idea is the same.

4 Posts

November 5th, 2011 23:00

I have a warning  box that advises uable to connect to the synaptics pointing device driver.

4.4K Posts

November 5th, 2011 23:00

Two things that I might suggest.

1. Go to the Device manager and under "Mice and other pointing devices" and uninstall the Touchpad.  Reboot the system and it will detect it and try to install the device drivers.
  2. If that doesn't work, you can go to the download section, download the drivers for your system and reinstall them.

Link to online drivers

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/product_support/dd_segmenter?c=us&l=en&s=gen

No Events found!