Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2013 09:00

dell inspiron 15 3520 packup and recovery partition

my dell inspiron 15 3520 packup and recovery partition was deleted recently  by an error  
and the hard was totally formated
and i wana help to restore my lab to its factory image
it is still in the warranty
i need urgent help please 

1.3K Posts

Hi Abdallah,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

The Dell Datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup Option normally helps take the system to its factory image state however, if the Recovery Partition has been deleted from your system then the only option left would be to do a clean installation of the Windows Operating System.

Do you get any error message on startup? The following link has steps for Dell Datasafe Restore however, as mentioned earlier, this will only be helpful if the recovery partition has not been erased completely.

http://dell.to/KzKMKG

Hope this is helpful.

Please reply in case you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

If that partition is gone and you did not prepare recovery media (DVDs or flash drive) you're out of luck.

You'll need to call Dell for a Windows disc to do the reinstall.

1.3K Posts

April 9th, 2013 14:00

Hi Abdallah,

Unfortunately, we have not received feedback from you on this topic. Please respond to my post if you need continued support.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

April 11th, 2013 14:00

hi  " DELL-Babita S"  i am sorry for not answering to you  

i was unlucky this instructions arenot helpful because  the recovery partition has been erased completely

and i need to restore my system factory image for windows 8 and dell recovery

i need your help

please tell me what to do?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 11th, 2013 14:00

If you have not made a set of backup DVDs or a flash drive, you'll need to call Dell for a windows 8 disc.

1.3K Posts

April 11th, 2013 15:00

Hi Abdallah,

If the system is not booting to Windows, please run the diagnostics to confirm if the problem is hardware or software-related.

Turn on the computer and tap the   key several times at the Dell logo screen. This will start the One-Time Boot Menu. Select Diagnostics to start the diagnostic assessment of the computer hardware.

We need to determine whether the problem is OS-related or with the hard drive, so that we can accordingly help resolve the issue.

If you see any error code, please reply with the same.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

there is no error codes

but when i try to install   windows  from a cd it gives me the full hard drive size as unlocated space  

and this means that all the partitions including the recovery partition has beeb fully erased

1.3K Posts

Hi Abdallah,

Thank you for your reply.

Typically, unallocated space means space on the drive that has not been "allocated" to a partition nor formatted. Basically, it is space that has not been setup to be used by the computer yet. Since you do not see any recovery partition listed, the recovery partition may have been deleted as mentioned by you in your earlier post.

If you wish, you may go ahead with the installation of Windows. It will be a clean installation and all the data on your computer may have been erased already. You may also need to re-install all third-party bundled software which came with your system as the Clean Installation will install only the Operating System.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

April 14th, 2013 07:00

Hi DELL-Babita S

sorry what is meant by all third-party bundled software??

i already installed windows but i think it is not an original cd  , and i need to have the original windows that came with my labtop and to have the recovery parition again

is there any way tohave it again ??

if you have aback up of an inspiron 3520  can you upload it and i will download it ??

if you can upload it please upload it please upload it please upload it on  putlocker

if you can do this i would be very grateful to you

please tell me  what to do

1.3K Posts

April 15th, 2013 11:00

Hi Abdallah,

When you purchased your Dell computer, you may have received the system pre-loaded with the Operating System, a full or trial version of MS-Office and an anti-virus software (depending on your customisation), DVD software, etc. All these together are called bundled software. However, when you re-install windows using a Re-installation disk, only Windows is re-installed and these third-party softwares (so-called because they are not part of the Windows Operating System) may need to be re-installed using disks or on-line.

The Recovery Partition, as you have mentioned, has been deleted already and you may not be able to access it again.

You may click on the link below and go to My Dell Downloads where you can access software titles purchased with your computer

http://bit.ly/9sK3DH

Let me know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

1.3K Posts

April 17th, 2013 15:00

Hi Abdallah,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

April 17th, 2013 19:00

hi dell-babita s

sorry for not replying

i have checked your link and i found the softwares tha where pre-installed with my labtop

but, as you said i want be able to get the recovery partition again

thank you for your effort .

thanks and regards.

1.3K Posts

April 19th, 2013 15:00

Hi Abdallah,

It is great that you found the softwares which were factory-installed on your laptop, however, as mentioned earlier, if the recovery partition has been deleted, it cannot be restored on the hard drive.

Disk partitioning is the act of dividing a hard disk drive into multiple logical storage units referred to as partitions, to treat one physical disk drive as if it were multiple disks. The Recovery Partition is a factory-built partition which Dell adds to hard drives on Dell systems so that the latest recovery technology is made accessible to Dell consumers.

This protected partition will boot even when Windows does not run and with Dell's factory recovery software, will allow you to reinstall all of the software that came with your Dell computer.  Hence it is strongly recommended that the Recovery partition should not be deleted or modified in any manner. If the Recovery partition is modified, or becomes unusable, the computer cannot be restored to its pre-installed state in the event of a system failure.

I hope this explains why you would not be able to get the Recovery Partition back on your system. However, since you have already done a clean installation of the Windows OS and other pre-installed softwares, I am sure your system is working fine now and to your satisfaction.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

1 Message

February 22nd, 2014 23:00

Hi Babita

i have tried this but can't start recovery session and system shows error

0cx000000f

i don't have recovery disk, but it recovery partions shows in my computer (not accessible).

Abdul Rauf

No Events found!