Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2015 00:00

dell inspiron 15 5000 headphone echo

I got a dell inspiron 15 5000 with windows 10 because i loved my last inspiron, but im having audio problems with headphones. I have tried the headphones on my tv, xbox, playstation, phone and they sound great. But when i plug them into my new inspiron i get this light echo in the back and it makes music, movies and almost anything sound awful. i have even tried different headphones and nothing works. anyone know how to fix this?

1 Message

August 6th, 2015 11:00

Solved. At least for my system:

On both Windows 8.1 and 10, all audio had an annoying "echo" that drove me crazy. The echo occurred after about 20ms and over all software, including over the audio test found in

"Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> Speakers/Headphones -> Configure -> Test"

This was the test I used to determine if the problem was solved.

SOLUTION

In the notifications area (on the right side of the taskbar), find the setting "Dell audio". It should look like this:

Right click this icon and select "Sound manager". There should be a setting under "MaxxAudio Pro" called "Speaker Enhancement". If you're like me, this will be set to "On".

Turn it off! (Or, if you want, mess around with it for a bit first. There are some pretty interesting settings here.)

Hope this solves your problem!

August 11th, 2015 23:00

Thank you! This has fix the problem. 

No Events found!