Highlighted

dell inspiron m5030 wont boot, 7 post beeps continuously

Jump to solution
dell inspiron m5030 wont boot, 7 post beeps continuously, no screen, doesn't respond. I tried to boot up in safe mode, but it did not work.
0 Kudos
57 Replies

Re: dell inspiron m5030 wont boot, 7 post beeps continuously

Jump to solution

Hi  Flashfireman,

Welcome to the community,

The seven beeps on Inspiron M 5030 could mean the processor issue, in this case I will suggest to take out the AC adapter and the battery , then hold down the power button of the computer for 15-20 seconds. Then plug in the AC adapter and battery and try to power up the computer.

Please let me know of the findings, Glad to be of assistance.

Pankaj_Sharma

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

Pankaj_Sharma

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

0 Kudos
santonib1
Copper

Jump to solution

Hi... I also am having the same issue with my m5030 , It wont start ...it also beeps 7 times ...no screen ..(black)....I've reseated  the processor  and it still does the same issue , I replaced the the processor with a new one of the same specs and size and it still doing the same 7 beeps ....?   I removed the battery and held down the  power button for 30 seconds and again still not working ........what should I do .....

Thanks,

santonib1

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

Welcome to dell Comunity

after performing all these steps if the issue is still not resolved then motherboard and processor on the laptop both needs to be replaced.

Please let me know of the findings, Glad to be of assistance.

Amit Garg

0 Kudos
jimdown
Silver

Jump to solution

Hi Flash and Santo welcome to the Defective 5030 Club. Unfortunately you have just joined a very long line of Dell customers with the same problem. For info see thread    en.community.dell.com/.../20119504.aspx

If your Dell is still in Warranty Do not accept any repair by Dell as complete until you laptop has functioned correctly for more than at least 2 weeks. I got 3 mobos a new charger and battery and a home visit from an engineer and my lappy is now a handy doorstop.

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
speedstep
Diamond

Jump to solution

Beep Codes   Code                         Description         

1      System Board, covers BIOS corruption or ROM error         

2      (*)No Memory / RAM detected         

3      System Board Chipset Failure         

4      Memory failure         

5      CMOS battery failure         

6      Video card / chip failure    

7      CPU Failure

8      LCD failure

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
rodn725
Bronze

Jump to solution

Having the same problem. Replaced the CPU and still nothing. Tried holding the power button down for 30 seconds, still nothing.

0 Kudos
nabsdell
Copper

Jump to solution

Hello, I just tried your advice, but but when I restart the PC same thing. Nothing appear on screen, just 7 loud beeps! Should I change my processor?

0 Kudos
nathanh711
Bronze

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue with mine for a month, tried contacting Dell, nothing. For anyone still having this problem or for anyone who has just started having this problem, here's what I did. I tried an old Xbox 360 trick, I wrapped the laptop in a comforter, making sure to cover any air inlets on the laptop. I pressed power and let it run in the blanket for ten minutes. After that I let it cool, and did it again for fifteen minutes. I let it cool completely, then tried booting it up and it worked! Mine runs without any hiccups now. Also when I did the blanket, I disconnected the laptop's speakers so it wouldn't drive me insane.

Just figured I would put this up here for anybody getting the cold shoulder from D, your mileage may vary but it worked great for me!

0 Kudos
genevilx
Copper

Jump to solution

I am the umpteenth person to come across this 7 beep problem, my warranty expired less than a month ago, and reading all these posts is infuriating me!  I have tons of work on this laptop and am thoroughly perplexed as to how a laptop that I bought brand new 1 year and 20 days ago could suddenly go bad.  

Has anybody gotten any help from Dell? This laptop was working fine until 2 days ago - I tried to wake it from hibernation and bam the beeps started.  

Considering the myriad of posts regarding this specific problem, I see no point in having to spend money to get this thing repaired as the problem seems more like an epidemic specific to Dell and it's M5030.  If none of the many users posting about this issue have made any progress with Dell or have had any luck with remedying the situation, and the only option is to pay Dell to repair their faulty product - then I'd much rather just buy a new laptop - and not a Dell.

0 Kudos