Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2012 06:00

dell inspiron n5010

hey i have Dell inspiron n5010

i forgot bios password

service tag: <ADMIN NOTE : Service tag removed per Privacy policy>

express service code : <ADMIN NOTE : Express service code removed per Privacy policy>

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 28th, 2012 08:00

Call Dell - verify ownership.

2 Posts

January 29th, 2012 13:00

i dont know how i can call Dell, i'm from egypt and what is meant by verify ownership

• 

16.7K Posts

January 30th, 2012 10:00

Osama010,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You will need to contact Dell Egyptian Tech Support or the Country where this system is registered and have them provide a Bios Password reset for you. When you contact them for a bios reset they will make sure your the owner of the laptop by checking your name and other credentials before helping you resolve this issue.

June 21st, 2012 06:00

Hello

I have a Dell laptop model 5010 with the warranty service I've purchased.

How do I put it on your laptop BIOS and Windows can not be accessed.

I contacted my dealer in Iran say they have received the token sum of $ 90 and change the chipset are disabled

But you say there is a laptop with a master password that can be validated with the service tag and it will receive from the agency.

But in Iran, with chipset and replacement fees are conducted up to do

I am financially weak.

Please Help

2 Posts

July 31st, 2012 00:00

Hi Dell, I also have the same problem with BIOS password, no ones remember it, and also how can pass the ownership credentials if I bought my N5010 laptop from my friend which my friend bought it from the original owner, so It means that I am the 3rd new owner of htis laptop. I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2012 00:00

Hi Dell, I also have the same problem with BIOS password, no ones remember it, and also how can pass the ownership credentials if I bought my N5010 laptop from my friend which my friend bought it from the original owner, so It means that I am the 3rd new owner of htis laptop. I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 31st, 2012 04:00

The original owner needs to transfer the system into your name - then you can call for assistance.  Otherwise, replace the mainboard.

No Events found!