Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2013 14:00

dell inspiron n7110

I have never had much trouble with my inspiron 17r until four days ago... when i hit the start menu button the menu wouldnt stay up when i hit alt ctrl delete the page wouldnt stay so i run a diagnostic with norton and nothing showed up but it was the trial version. so suspecting it was a virus i started a full system recovery with the disk that come with the computer to get rid of everything and go back to the factory default. it said windows would need to restart to continue, when it come back on it just keeps saying it needs to restart to continue is it a virus and if so can i just get a new hard drive or would i need new ram too??

3.3K Posts

January 2nd, 2013 17:00

Hi Josh b,

Check if you are following the correct steps to do factory reset on the computer.

Below link would provide you step by step instructions to do a factory reset on the computer:

http://dell.to/VpM12n

Also, run diagnostics on the computer. Restart the computer by holding the FN and Power button on the computer. Let the diagnostics complete.

Awaiting your response!

5 Posts

January 6th, 2013 21:00

well im on it now i run the cd/dvd rom to boot and reinstalled windows but now i need to reinstall all the factory drivers it took me alittle while to get the wireless adapter up but i need the graphics webcam etc. you wouldnt happened to have a list of all that would you...

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

January 6th, 2013 23:00

3.3K Posts

January 6th, 2013 23:00

Hi Josh b,

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer so that I can help you with the correct drivers.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

5 Posts

January 11th, 2013 23:00

and i looked at the installation link you gave me natakuc4 and clicked on unofficial drivers but didnt see my computer i have a dell inspiron n7110 with 64 bit windows

5 Posts

January 11th, 2013 23:00

never got that request

No Events found!