Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

August 4th, 2008 15:00

flashing lights on D630

Hi everyone. My first post....probably not my last. I love the forums......they are a great resource for valuable information.

OK....so here's the deal.....I have a Dell Latitude D630 that will not even post. I get two flashing lights on the top left corner of the keyboard. THere are three seperate lights that are available here.....(they are all in the shape of a padlock)....on the lef tis a "9" ...in the middle is a "A"....and theone on the right is a "down arrow". The middle and the right one are the the two blinking. I had a chat session with a Dell support person and he sent me a new HD based on the fact I was able to boot the machine into windows on this other HD. I checked the memory and that doesn't seem to be the cause.

Anybody know what the two blinking lights means??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the new HD from Dell, but it will not even see the new drive for me to install and image.

Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 4th, 2008 17:00

Remove and replace the memory modules.  If the system won't power up thereafter, you've a faulty mainboard.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 4th, 2008 18:00

Hold on - you did not mention having used untried RAM.  I would make sure you try Dell certified RAM before going further.

3 Posts

thanks for the reply....it calls for PC25300 DDR2..... to test it I used PC24200 DRR2.....I got no response from the device. no beeps ....no nothing.....except for the two blinking lights that I mentioned earlier.

You think it could be anything else besides the MOBO? If it is, not a problem...as the machine is under warranty. 

I do appreciate the feedback very much.

Thanks! 

3 Posts

it's Dell RAM .....it came out of a D620

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 4th, 2008 19:00

I would buy some of the correct speed of RAM - the issue you're seeing can be from RAM that's too slow.

No Events found!