Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2016 21:00

got the windows 10 free upgrade and used the dell diagnostics tool to upgrade driver and bios everything worked fine until the update of the bios!!!!

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 16th, 2016 06:00

:emotion-2:

Posted by MUSTARD647 -Dell Inspiron 5459/5559/5759 BIOS Update Error - WILL NOT REBOOT

en.community.dell.com/.../19670909

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Here're two threads that might be helpful to you:

Posted by Buckly53e - Boot not possible after BIOS update:

en.community.dell.com/.../19988584

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.

Dell just saying it's a "possibility" the motherboard might need to be replace. No one can tell you that motherboard is definite "Fried" without first looking at the system.

What is the system model number and version of windows before upgrading to windows 10? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

You're able to boot into BIOS(F2 key) and diagnostic (F12 key) ?

1. Power off computer

2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key ( BIOS) or F12 key( diagnostic) continuously

August 18th, 2016 09:00

Dell inspiring 570 and was running Windows 7 home edition

No Events found!