Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 30th, 2011 14:00

hi

Am called Eddy 1st year student i recently aqcuired  an inspiron 5100 and am having tough times with whenever i use i have to change the operating system atleast twice in a month right now am having trouble with the graphics i have spent the past 10hrs looking for them any one with clues as to where i can freely download them pliz help i have lots of reports awaiting me to clear. pliz if possible send me a link to <ADMIN NOTE: Email Id removed per privacy policy>.the graphic card is ATI RADEON 7500 but it refuses some of those i tried so any clue?operating system is XP 512RAM  64mb

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 30th, 2011 14:00

edgar1529,

Why do you have to change the operating system twice a month?

When you install the operating system, the notebook system utility and the chipset drivers need insatlled first, or the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

You can start with the notebook system utility and the chipset drivers and install the drivers in order. Things should start working.

Rick

2 Posts

October 31st, 2011 13:00

Hi PUDGYONE this is Eddy i can't find any way to express my gratitude and thankfulness to your great amicable advice!!   I uninstalled all drivers and followed the order you gave me and later uploaded ATI M7 drivers from softpedia and within a click it was shining like silver my pc is now working well and i'll soon be done with the backlogs of paper work and whats amazing i didnt have to take it to a dealership am so greatful.Where i come from there's a saying ''He who doesn't appreciate fails get someone  to give them again!'' so thank you a thousand times am very very greatful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 31st, 2011 13:00

Eddy,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!