Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2011 19:00

how do I decrease the sensitivity of my touchpad? (sorry for the cross post)

Forgive me if this topic has been covered ...I did a search & didn't see it so I'm asking ...my cursor is constantly repositioning  itself when I type causing me to type where I don't intend - it's maddening & really slows down my correspondences.  This is a fairly new issue - it wasn't a problem until about a week ago.  I have an Inspiron 15 M5030 ...if anyone has a suggestion - please don't get to technical on me - TYVM

sorry for cross posting - I hit the wrong board first & didn't see how to delete my post

3.8K Posts

October 20th, 2011 04:00

Hi Loribe1,

Welcome to the Community. You can change the touch sensitivity by clicking on start, control panel, mouse, wait for dell touchpad image to appear, click on the touchpad image, and you should be able to adjust it. If the Dell touchpad image does not appear, then you may have to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers. To uninstall, click on start, right click on computer, click on properties, click on device manager, click on the symbol next to pointing devices, right click on Alps touchpad and click on uninstall, click ok to confirm, once it removed use the below link to reinstall it, and restart your computer and then check the settings.

Thank you

Royan

5 Posts

October 20th, 2011 05:00

TYVM!  I'll give that a try.

1 Message

July 23rd, 2012 19:00

I too was going crazy due to an oversensitive touchpad. I followed your instructions and in Device Manager, I found no Alps touchpad listed so I went to the link you suggested and voila, after downloading it, finding it, extracting it and running it, I was then able to see the Dell touchpad controls when I opened my mouse properties. I simply adjusted the sensitivity adjustment slider control and it changed my life! Thank you so much!

1 Message

July 30th, 2012 07:00

There are no drivers at this link.

1 Message

July 14th, 2014 16:00

I,too, have sensitivity issues with my Dell inspiron 1720 touchpad.  I started the above steps, but when it came to uninstalling the touchpad, I became nervous so didn't complete it.  If it's uninstalled how will I go about installing it without a touchpad?

No Events found!