Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

May 7th, 2011 19:00

how do i get bluetooth working on a studio 1749?

Hi, ive had my laptop for just over a year and didnt actually realise it had bluetooth lol

sounds stupid i know! anyway i have recently updated to the latest bios (a08) and had a look in the bios and saeen the setting bluetooth (enable / disable) - it was enabled anyway but i really have no idea how i get it to work, in my device manager i see no sign of bluetoot, no apps or anything which says bluetooth, i also see no signals saying its picked up my phones  bluetooth etc..

So with it being enabled in the bios, how do i use it or find it, im really confused about it?

James

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 7th, 2011 19:00

Just because the enable/disable is there doesn't mean the system has bluetooth - you would have had to pay for that option when you bought the system.  If you didn't specifically order bluetooth, you don't have it.

May 7th, 2011 21:00

Steps to take on the computer

loadTOCNode(3, 'moreinformation'); To add a device, follow these steps on your computer:

1. Click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK.
  2. In Bluetooth Settings, click Add.
  3. In the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard, click to select the My device is set up and ready to be found check box, and then click Next.

Note You cannot click Next until you click to select the My device is set up and ready to be found box. A device that has discovery turned off cannot be detected during a search.

When you click Next, your computer searches for any discoverable devices that are in range. When the search is complete, the devices appear in the wizard.
  4. Select a device to add, and then click Next.

After you select the device to add, you can enter a passkey for the device. A passkey is a code that is used to control access to a device. Using a passkey may help improve the security of your connection. However, the device that you add may not require a passkey.
No Events found!