Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2010 06:00

how do i use my webcam in inspiron 1564

HI

I have purchased Dell Inspiron 1564 laptop and have installed windows 7 OS, i have no idea how do i use the webcam, do i need to install any software, if so were do i find the software. can  you please help me.

thank you

1 Message

June 30th, 2010 00:00

Hi,

I have the exact same problem, I've aquired a Dell Inspiron 1564 (the core i5 / ATI 5450 version) with FreeDOS and I've got the same problem: I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate and it sees the webcam as "integrated webcam", but no software I've tried sees it except a small free application which can only initialize the webcam in 1280x1024 resolution at 9 FPS but all the colors are screwed up (lots of yellow and blue, psychedelic, what can I say...)

Also, the "Cheese" software running on Debian or Debian-based distros (such as Ubuntu) can initialize my webcam but only in 1280x1024 with same color screw-ups.

Could be a driver issue,  as both the windows 7 free application and the "Cheese" on linux probably use generic API's to access the webcam.

I'd love to solve the problem, at least on Windows 7, but there is NO driver on the Dell support website, not even if I introduce my service tag (and I've spent considerable time looking for it, both with the website integrated search engine, and with google's).

Can anyone help me?

1 Message

April 16th, 2011 15:00

Rick, thank you very much. I was experiencing the same problem as othres. Your advice helped me! Guys, it is worth to try this way of solving problem.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 17th, 2011 00:00

Jevgenija,

There are some drivers that people have been using, so here are the new instructions.

Installing Dell Webcam Central

If the drivers do NOT work in the above link, then try the drivers from...

Dell Webcam Central v2.00.39

Rick

6 Posts

April 24th, 2011 04:00

I have the same problem with the Webcam please someone reply.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 24th, 2011 06:00

Jawid786,

You said...

I have the same problem with the Webcam

Same problem as who(m)?

What exactly is your problem with the webcam?

Make and model of your computer and operating system? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Did you make and recent changes, like upgrade or reinstall the operating system?

Rick

1.1K Posts

March 6th, 2013 22:00

Hi mohammad999,

Please share the system model and operating system installed on your system. If the webcam is not working on your system, try the below steps:

Uninstall 'USB Root Hubs' from 'Device Manager':

• Open 'Device Manager' and expand 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers'.
  • Right click on each entry with the name 'USB root hubs' and click on 'uninstall'.
  • Restart the system and check if the webcam is working.

Also expand 'Imaging Devices' in 'Device Manager' to check if webcam is getting detected. You may also try using web cam using any third party application like skype etc and see if it works.

In case the webcam is getting detected in Device Manager and is working with other video streaming applications, I will recommend you to uninstall and re install webcam application.

• Click on 'Start' and click on 'Control Panel'.
  • Click on 'Programs and features' and a list of applications will be listed.
  • Look for 'Dell webcam central', right click on it and click on 'uninstall'.
  • Restart the system and click on the link to re-install webcam application: http://dell.to/TjXOwa
Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.

1 Message

March 6th, 2013 22:00

how i can get webcam driver

2 Posts

October 13th, 2013 14:00

dont no how to turn on my web cam

No Events found!