Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 11th, 2013 05:00

how to activate num lock on dell 15r 5520

hi i have dell 15r 5520,but i cant find how to activate num lock? where it is on keyboard please tell me.

2 Posts

October 17th, 2014 22:00

Sir

after restart keyboard not working.

please help me.

Ombir

2 Posts

October 17th, 2014 22:00

DELL-ZOHAIB R WROTE THE FOLLOWING POST AT 23 SEP 2013 7:13 PM:

Hi niteowl753,

If you wish to use arrow keys on the numeric keypad for control within an application, this application should support the arrow key navigation from numeric keypad. Some of the games cannot be controlled using the arrows in the numeric keypad. If these keys are not functional at all, then follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Please start the computer and enter System Setup (BIOS). To enter System Setup hit the F2 when the computer starts.
  2. Restore System Setup fields to Defaults.
  3. Shut down the computer and disconnect Battery, AC Adapter and external devices.
  4. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release the power button.
  5. Re-connect the AC Adapter and Battery only and power on the computer.
  6. When computer boots to Windows press and hold “Windows key” on the keyboard and press the key “R”.
  7. Run dialog box will be displayed.
  8. Type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
  9. Expand “Keyboards”, right click the listed keyboard(s) and select “Uninstall”.
  10. Restart the computer and wait for the keyboard drivers to load.
  11. Check the functionality of the keyboard now.

Sir

after restart keyboard not working.

please help me.

Ombir

953 Posts

June 11th, 2013 05:00

Hi nezz282,

This laptop, Inspiron 5520/15R, is not shipped with the keyboard which has a Numeric Keypad, so there is no “Num Lock” button on the keyboard. In order to perform numeric functions you must use the key in the 2nd row from the top (see the image below).

Hope this helps.

27 Posts

June 11th, 2013 06:00

im playing game and it ask me to press num 6..what should i do?

953 Posts

June 11th, 2013 08:00

Hi nezz282,

For some of the games w,a,s and d can be used instead of numeric 8, 4, 2 and 6. Or you can use the arrow keys. See the image below:

1 Message

September 19th, 2013 16:00

I HAVE THE DELL INSPIRON 5521/15R AND THE KEYBOARD HAS THE NUMERIC KEYPAD WITH THE NUMLK BUTTON. SO...WHY DOES THIS NUMERIC KEYPAD NOT FUNCTION?

953 Posts

September 23rd, 2013 18:00

Hi niteowl753,

If you wish to use arrow keys on the numeric keypad for control within an application, this application should support the arrow key navigation from numeric keypad. Some of the games cannot be controlled using the arrows in the numeric keypad. If these keys are not functional at all, then follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Please start the computer and enter System Setup (BIOS). To enter System Setup hit the F2 when the computer starts.
  2. Restore System Setup fields to Defaults.
  3. Shut down the computer and disconnect Battery, AC Adapter and external devices.
  4. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release the power button.
  5. Re-connect the AC Adapter and Battery only and power on the computer.
  6. When computer boots to Windows press and hold “Windows key” on the keyboard and press the key “R”.
  7. Run dialog box will be displayed.
  8. Type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
  9. Expand “Keyboards”, right click the listed keyboard(s) and select “Uninstall”.
  10. Restart the computer and wait for the keyboard drivers to load.
  11. Check the functionality of the keyboard now.

Do reply with results.

No Events found!