Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2013 11:00

inspiron 15 n5040 not connecting to my WiFi wireless router. an

it connects to an other network with modem connected. does not find this wifi that other to computers find and connect with.

1.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 22:00

Hi kalevi3001,

Do you get any error messages? Kindly attach the snapshot of the device manager.

Also follow the below steps to power cycle the modem and router.

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Switch off the modem followed by the router and also unplug their power cables.

3. Wait for 30 seconds.

4. Plug the power cords back into the modem and the router but don’t switch them on yet.

5. First turn on your modem and wait for it to initialize (let the lights become stable).

6. Then switch on the router and let the blinking lights stabilize.

7. Now turn on your computer or your gaming console connected to the network. You should now be able to access the Internet.

2 Posts

July 4th, 2013 10:00

hi harish m,

thanks for helping me. my wireless wifi is connected to a wirelessly transmitted broadband. it works as a wireless router for my home network. driven by a battery like many computers. huawei mobile wifi e589. i'm on my wits end trying to find out how to get it to detect my homenetwork and connect. i need to find fn-key and how to turn on network card. my tech-english is not always accurat translation from norwegian. what more can i tell. i keep seaching more knowledge.

cheers, kalevi

1.3K Posts

July 10th, 2013 00:00

Hi kalevi,

Sorry about the delayed response.Fn+F2 is used to switch on/off the Wi-Fi on this model.

1 Message

October 14th, 2013 18:00

Hi Sir have a problem with regards to my Dell Inspiron N5040, i tried to do what you have instructed before its not working icant still connect on my wireless connection.

Network Controller - missing

Ethernet Controller -missing

Hope somebody can help me with this problem. thanks..

1.5K Posts

October 15th, 2013 02:00

Hi dsadasd,

Please share the operating system installed on the system. The drivers are not installed for wireless card as well as the LAN card. Please share the ‘Hardware ID’ of both the devices. You may follow the steps below:

• In ‘Device Manager’, right click on Network Controller/ Ethernet Controller.
  • Click ‘Properties’.
  • Click ‘Details’.
  • Search for ‘Hardware ID’.
  • Provide the numbers after VEN and DEV.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

1 Message

June 29th, 2017 14:00

My brothers Wireless driver corrupted due to a hard drive issue, and I had to replace the HDD, but I cannot get the wireless driver to work. Any idea why? I've used all the official downloads provided by yourselves, and it can connect to a network, but it will not download anything or access any webpages.

No Events found!