Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2011 21:00

inspiron 1545 webcam driver

Hi, my webcam recently stopped working out of the blue and i dont have the resource cd with the webcam driver. ive tried finding downloads on dell.cpm and none worked. does anyone know of a way i can get my webcam to work?

3.8K Posts

March 29th, 2011 12:00

Hi Jdid,

Welcome to the Community. Please try the below link to install the Webcam software and driver and let me know if it worked.

Thank you
Royan

3.8K Posts

March 30th, 2011 12:00

Hi Rick

I have got pretty good responses using that link. It did fix quite a few issues from some community members, but for some it did not. I belive the link has the driver and the software, if that's what you were referring too.

Thank you

Royan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Royan,

Latest drivers for Dell Webcam Central are...

Dell Webcam Central v2.00.39

The link provided are for old software and is not the very latest version. Do you have any sources? I sent my friend a message and he has a co-working looking into this.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Royan,

Do you know if the drivers are in the software package? I gave this link to others and they said it did not work.

I have...

Dell Webcam Central v2.00.39__

Installed on my system but the drivers are not available for download. Can you check this or should I check with my inside sources?

Rick

2 Posts

May 5th, 2011 18:00

I was able to download the driver but my webcam still isnt working.

904 Posts

May 6th, 2011 06:00

Royan And Pudgyone,

Dell Webcam software has the drivers package included,  however the first link i.e., on the support website may not work with certain system models.

I was able to download the driver but my webcam still isnt working.

Jdid

Please use the latest Webcam Central from the link below, if this still doesnt fix your problem then we mite have to look into a few details.

*Make sure the previous dell webcam software has been uninstalled and the system has been restarted before installing this version.

Dell Webcam Central 2.0

No Events found!