Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2017 20:00

my Dell Latitude EE6530 - I would like to set my "Sound" "default" to my Bluetooth headset for meetings

To whom it may concern,

I would like to set my default to my Bluetooth headset for meetings.  FYI-I currently have a microphone issue and it doesn't work.   I am thinking if I can default to my Bluetooth, then I can by pass the laptop's microphone issue and still have meetings via webex or Google hangouts for example.

I am able to "connect" the computer and LG HBS760 successful.

However, can't seem to tell the computer to recognize the blue tooth as it sends the sound the computer fine (not the Bluetooth), however, the audience cannot hear me talk back because of the microphone issue.  Hence... trying to swap the default sound to the Bluetooth.  

My Troubleshooting steps... 

1) I went to control panel, then "Sound", then "Playback" ... and nothing was listed.  According to the LG Bluetooth help... it said I should see several things displayed, included a "Bluetooth Headset" option... then I should be able to click it as the "default device".

Please advise me :)

Stephanie

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 27th, 2017 07:00

I went to control panel, then "Sound", then "Playback" ... and nothing was listed.  According to the LG Bluetooth help... it said I should see several things displayed, included a "Bluetooth Headset" option... then I should be able to click it as the "default device".

Hello. Even though a headset seems like a single device, to Windows it is 2 separate devices: a playback device (headphones), and a recording device (microphone). So for the mic to become active, you have to go to the Recording tab and make the Bluetooth device the default.

I am able to "connect" the computer and LG HBS760 successful.

But if you do not see your Bluetooth microphone in the list of recording devices, then the headset still is not paired or connected correctly. That is a radio issue outside my area which is audio, so someone else will have to help with that.

When you reply back you should say which variety of Windows is on the laptop. Dell supplies Bluetooth drivers for every Windows from XP through 8 on the Latitude E6530, so if 8.1 or 10 is your operating system it could be the cause of some issues.

No Events found!