Highlighted
qaisar
Bronze

n5110 USB 3.0 doesn't work

Dear Experts,
I bought a Dell Inspiron n5110 but it USB 3.0 is not working for me when i put the mouse or flash-drive in, do i suppose to install a driver to get this work or any other assistance you guy can do for me? Any link for a driver? because i was trying to find but didn't help. Pleasee HELP.

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
25 Replies

Re: n5110 USB 3.0 doesn't work

Quisar

Does the USB 2.0 ports work correctly?  Is it only the USB 3.0 ports that are having problems? If it is just the USB 3.0 ports here are links for drivers for your notebook and USB 3.0.

Please let me know if they help.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
qaisar
Bronze

Thanks Terry!

Can you please help me with the LAN/Ethernet Driver as well? i can't find it anywhere. Please Help!, i will really appreciate. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
qaisar
Bronze

i installed RealTec Ethernet Controller (R292450) but it doesn't work Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

Look for the model of wireless adapter that was ordered on your system on the following link and download the corresponding driver.

http://dell.to/nm8KOE

Shoot me a private message with the service tag of the system if you don't know what wireless adapter shipped with your system.

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
marton7
Bronze

Hi Terry!

I have a N5110 and installing the Renesas USB 3.0 Host Contrller driver 2.0.32 won't solve my problem:

External HDD case (USB 3.0 - SATA converter). When copying from this external HDD to the N5110 HDD the process stops many times and won't copy all files. Many files are unreadable.

It seems that it connects/disconnets periodically.

USB 2.0 works fine.

Please help!

Marton

0 Kudos

qaisar

I am sorry, you did say Ethernet driver.   The only driver that I know is the R292450 driver located at the following link.

When you tried to install the driver what happened?  You may need to uninstall the driver first before reinstalling.  Look for Realtek driver showing up in programs and features (add / remove programs) in control panel. Select it and click uninstall. Once the driver is removed try reinstalling the downloaded driver.

There are no link lights on this model.  For further troubleshooting just verify that your network cables and hardware (modems and routers) work with other systems. Make sure that the problem is with the notebook before going any further than installing the driver.

If you have verified that your networking hardware is functional and works fine with other systems (if you are swapping out systems to a cable modem, before to reset the cable modem first). Reinstalling the driver did not help. Then the problem will either be a problem with Windows and running PC restore should help.  Or that the I/O board may need to be replaced.

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Raczo
Silver

Download the Renesas driver from downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx.

The driver installs the "USB 3.0 Host Controller Utility". Go to this app (from Start >...) and disable the energy managing functions.

qaisar
Bronze

Thanks Terry, I mentioned in my other post that it started working today and the RealTek driver is the correct one. it's working properly on the network. Thanks a lot for you kind help. I really appreciate it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
kerzjo
Copper

Good day to you sir!

I also have the same problem... I tried both links for drivers... however the problem is... it can only read usb 3.0 devices... it seems like it is not backward compatible...

Hoping for your reply.. Thanks

0 Kudos