Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2011 06:00

new battery not charging

Urgent, please respond.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, the battery will not charge anymore, and I used the notebook power supply, and the battery light

flashing orange.

So I bought a new battery, I received a 21% charge but does not load, and the battery light remains off.

Dell sent me another replacement battery, but even that does not charge, so do not know what to do.

Someone who can advise me, the power supply works perfectly, tried on another computer.

Sorry for the incorrect English, I hope to be able to understand me.
Thanks.

5.2K Posts

January 21st, 2011 07:00

Most likely you have a defective DC socket on the system board. Does the laptop work on battery when not plugged in?

7 Posts

January 21st, 2011 08:00

Yes, the computer works with the battery when it is unplugged, but what do you mean by bad DC jack? That is the circuit inside the computer's power?
Thanks for your reply.

5.2K Posts

January 21st, 2011 10:00

The DC socket connects the charger AND battery to the laptop. The battery needs to know when the charger is disconnected, and that signal needs to go through the socket. The socket's solder connections to the system board can become broken, resulting in various possible power malfunctions.

You have several options. The 1525 has a separate power board that plugs into the system board. This is much less expensive to replace than the system board. You could also purchase an external battery charger. As your old battery is probably still good, you can have two batteries charged.

Replacing the power board is complicated, as you need to remove just about everything in the laptop to get down to the board. Some computer repair shops will do this, or even may be able to repair the board, and there are many sites on-line that will do the job. Some will even let you send in the entire laptop. Many will charge nothing if they can't repair the laptop.

Sorry that there is no fast and cheap solution to this problem. You can search these Dell sites for many similar problems.

7 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 03:00

Thank you for your reply, I realized what could be the problem, but I doubt if I put the old battery, certainly no longer able to charge, as is the original purchased with the computer for 3 years, The LED will flash orange , While with the new batteries will not turn on, it can mean something?
Thanks,
Maria Teresa

7 Posts

January 24th, 2011 04:00

Sorry for the trouble again, I left the adapter plugged in with the computer off and the new battery, and today as I powered on the LED flashes 4 times orange slots and a blue time and again, even if not charged.
It can mean anything?
Thanks for your reply.

Maria Teresa

5.2K Posts

January 24th, 2011 09:00

Read the posts at this site:

Battery Problems

No Events found!