Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2012 09:00

screen goes blank

I have a inspiron running vista.  suddenlty the screen has started goeing black. Usually it doenst happen for about ten minutes but once it starts it happens more and more. I can almost close the laptop and open it back up and the screen reappears just fine.  However it does it again in a couple minutes.IM assuing something is wearing out or maybe stuck.  does anyone have any ideas?

rthanks,\Keith

July 18th, 2012 18:00

Hi kknor208

Welcome to the community

I could be very much annoying when screen goes blank while working on a laptop. To isolate if the issue is with hardware or software, I would request you boot the system in BIOS and see if the same issue is persisting. If the issue does not persist, you might need to update the video drivers for your system. You did not mention the system model; however you can always download the latest video drivers for your system from www.support.dell.com.

Please reply to this post with the status, so that I can assist you further.

If your system has active contracts, you can contact me directly by clicking on my user name, add me as your friend, and send me the system service tag, phone # with address.

No Events found!