Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2014 10:00

start up problem.

i have a dell inspiron 1420. I've had it about 1 yr. i honestly don't treat it nicely.. 

my problem is . when i try to start it .. it start well but it stock in starting window and then it get blue screen and restart and lead me to window error recovery.. then i try it many time but my computer doesn't  fix the problem..please help my computer is so important.. i.am a college student.

please help me sir.

December 10th, 2014 11:00

The User's Manual for the Dell Inspiron 1420 is located here:

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Dell/Inspiron-1420/Manual/188042

Software troubleshooting such as "Using Windows Device Driver Rollback" begins on page 122.

More drastic software issues *may* need to be resolved by performing a complete System Restore, but please be very aware of the fact that a full System Restore does not preserve personal data you may have on the computer.  If you have file that MUST be recovered before proceeding with a Restore, seek the assistance of a local computer support professional.  It is possible to remove the hard drive and attach it to another computer using a USB Adapter cable, and while attached an experienced professional will know the mostly likely location of User files you saved on to the computer (i.e. "Desktop", "Documents", "My Pictures", "Favorites", etc.).

Many professional computer technicians will not be against showing you the steps they perform to remove, attach and recover files - I say "many" not "all".  Some may have you sign a liability release form and promise to "do their best", but will basically be of the drop it off and pick it up later "school".  It is up to the User / Owner to decide what level of assistance they desire and are willing to accept when seeking local assistance (IMHO).

Try the device Driver Rollback, especially if it is possible the "issue" with the computer began immediately after an automatic software update happened (the monthly download and restart thing).  The computer may simply have downloaded a Driver update that is not "perfect" for one of the model's components, or the installation of the update may have not completed properly (through no fault of the user).

Good luck!

December 10th, 2014 12:00

royceDJ, Read the suggested sections of the User Manual for this model laptop, then if you feel comfortable performing the recommended tasks, give them a try.

If you do not feel comfortable proceeding on your own, seek the assistance of a local computer professional or a knowledgeable friend with technology experience who you trust!  There is nothing wrong with admitting the process is a little intimidating (or frustrating) and asking for in-person help.

Trust me.  I have been advising Users in these subjects for 19 years and always, always, ALWAYS suggest the same thing.

Advanced Troubleshooting :emotion-40:

If Windows is getting to the "Desktop" this is a hopeful indication, but since the Startup Repair did not work, then the issue must be something outside the "scope" of what it was programmed to handle.  Some issues require a more careful examination of the computer's settings in order to determine what is happening, and no [basic] User's Manual is going to explain how to perform that examination.

I am describing starting the computer in "Safe Mode" and going in to the "Event Viewer" in order to determine what type of "Event ID:" the log files have recorded.  Please trust me again, you do not want to go there for the first time all by yourself (without some in-person help).

Good luck!

3 Posts

December 10th, 2014 12:00

my computer can get trough my desktop.. it  only stop in starting windows and restart and appear windows error recovery. and i launch startup repair many times.. and the problem wont fix.. i do it many time.. what should i  do?.. and if im going to system restore my computer.. what should i do??

please guide me..what  should i do.. 

3 Posts

December 10th, 2014 19:00

i trusted you @VAVB05_SITE_REP .. but my computer wont do safemode..it only appear set up.. boot menu.. launch starter repair.. and i always use starter repair.. but windows cant fix automatically the problem.. the problem start when i accidentally unplug the socket. though my battery isn't charging.. so my computer is off.. then when i was trying to start it normally.. the problem start.. its stop in starting window and restart it and the window error recovery appear..    

December 11th, 2014 10:00

royceDJ, If your computer will not do Safe Mode and Startup Repair cannot resolve the issue, then the issue is more complicated (more complex) than the abilities of these "built-in" Windows tools.  How the issue started is ONLY important because Windows may have been writing recovery information to one or more files when you "accidentally unplug".

This issue is certainly more complex than what anyone will be able to help you with through the Forums.  The issue requires the in-person, hands-on assistance of someone with experience.

No Events found!