Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2017 10:00

suddenly 1070 FE runs abysmally slow in graphics amplifier after reinstall

so, my computer crashed and the only solution i found was to do a full reinstall from the recover menu. the recovery worked fine but now when i try to play games that have worked well, with my 1070, before the reinstall they run like *** after the reinstall. i have tried reinstalling nvidia driver, reverting to an older bios and updating to a newer bios. any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

thanks much

Alan

9.4K Posts

July 12th, 2017 07:00

Hi alansandbucket,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, there's not much assistance Dell can give you with your HP laptop.  You may wish to consult their Tech Support for further information.  Thanks. 

July 12th, 2017 17:00

lol, its actually an Alienware laptop not an HP. i fixed it but im gonna post my solution here so if this happens to anyone else they can try this. First i used a program called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely remove my display drivers. then i went to the official Dell drivers website and installed/used the latest display driver from there. finally if you have geforce experience, UNINSTALL IT and NEVER INSTALL IT AGAIN! after doing this i noticed a huge increase in Frames Per Second in games. even more than when it worked before (this is why i recommend to never use Geforce Experience as i am suspicious that it hinders the graphics cards performance). Hope this helps!

July 13th, 2017 15:00

my graphics card is running very slow again. it seems that what i did was only a temporary solution. If anyone can help me id be very grateful.

thanks,

alan

July 14th, 2017 11:00

seems to be fixed now!

No Events found!