Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2010 13:00

the user profile service service failed the logon

Hi, new to the forum, hope this is in the right place.

I have an Inspiron 1564 laptop, and this morning when I tried to log on, I get this message "the user profile service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Googling this phrase gave me this page on Microsoft support: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215 but the solution there does not work for me because I am still stuck on the login screen.  I cannot log into the computer, and so I cannot get onto the computer.  I had to use another computer just to get online to search for assistance.  What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

3 Posts

September 15th, 2010 21:00

Does nobody have any idea what could be causing it?

One time when I started up, it gave me the choice to boot into Safe Mode.  I tried that and it worked fine, so I backed up my data while I could get at it.  But when I restarted and tried to boot up again normally, I was right back to square one where it won't let me log in.

3 Posts

September 16th, 2010 21:00

Anybody?

2 Posts

February 20th, 2011 19:00

Did you ever figure this out? Am having same problem, but am not getting access to files in the safe mode. thanks!

6 Posts

September 12th, 2013 18:00

Have same problem. Password is definitely correct and has worked every other day. Am trying to use Inspiron N5110. Did you ever solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 13th, 2013 05:00

The most common cause of this problem is a failing hard drive.  Power on, press f12 a few times and boot to the Dell diagnostics.  Run an extended (takes about 2 hours) test - NOT just the quick 10-minute test.

3.3K Posts

September 13th, 2013 14:00

Hi mitchking,

Are you not able to log in using the same password?

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer so that I can check what best could be done. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Send Private Message.

Awaiting your response!

6 Posts

September 15th, 2013 12:00

I tried this, thanks. My hard drive passed the test with flying colours but I still can't log on. Any more ideas?

Cheers

1 Message

November 17th, 2013 09:00

I'm having the same problem how do I fix this?

6 Posts

November 17th, 2013 12:00

What I eventually did was to phone up Dell and pay £69 to have the problem fixed remotely -they tried to flog me other stuff but I went for the cheapest package. Mine was a software problem, you could test the hardware in case you can fix it yourself.

If you have a knowledgeable friend or a local computer shop then there may be a cheaper way.

Cheers,

Martin

No Events found!