Highlighted

urgent please

hi guys,
hi  murthy511 ,

i have dell xps 17-3d (L702x)
i can't recover dell factory setting it disappear

a just follow your great steps but when i reached to step 5

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19331267.aspx?PageIndex=1

"

type

imagex /apply c:\dell\image\factory.wim 1 d:

"

and waiting to 100%

and then i have an error num :1812

as it shown in pic

then and after search advice me to put needed file at path so i downloaded it from net and put it at the same path put the error still appear i made dir to folder

and alredy found the file !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so what can i do............

help me please i am sure that u can

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Philip_Yip
Diamond

Re: urgent please

You should probably install windows via CD/DVD. Refer to the guides for Windows 7 below for instructions, it will tell you how you can download a Windows 7 .iso file (requires a fast connection) and it will need phone activation. Follow the order of the guide for best results.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for ur reply  but i already installed an original windows 7 home "i bring the cd with my lap"

my problem is that i can't recover dell factory setting

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
Diamond

If you have used a CD/DVD to reinstall windows already it is likely that the factory setting has been removed.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos

no it just windows don't have any program or any drivers

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
Diamond

Ah okay then you will need to use another computer to download the latest standalone service packs, the drivers from the Dell Drivers and Downloads Page, Dell Support Centre and possibily pre-installed Software from "My Dell Downloads".

Since it is an XPS-17 I will assume its Windows 7 64 bit and I will refer you to the guide I wrote here. It will take you through every step to get your computer fully functional. The guide is long but its only because I have went into alot of detail. You should follow the order of the guide for best results.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos

sorry natakuc4 ,

for time delay of reply your answer perfect but you talk that i will install new windows and all program that installed but still now i don't fix my error...................

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
Diamond

Sorry what is the error you are experiencing? Is windows working as it should, or is there something missing? You still won't be able to go to factory settings but the clean install of windows should make your laptop fully functional and should be in a similar state to the factory settings.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos

IT SEEMS DOESN'T HAVE MY PROGRAM LIKE(OFFICE 2010 & MACAFEE AND SO ON.....)THEASE PROGRAM IN THE FACTORY SETTING

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
Diamond

Ah okay. McAfee can be obtained in My Dell Downloads (other preinstalled software may be found here). If you bought Office 2010 you may download the trial from Microsoft and instead use the product key provided with your system to unlock the full version. Office starter cannot be downloaded however.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos