Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2013 09:00

what if accidentally bios is deleted

While I am updating bios to higher versions in my inspiron 15R N5110 laptop, previous version is removed. What is the solution to get back that?

3.1K Posts

August 26th, 2013 10:00

Hi hitesh iiit,

Ideally, the older version is removed automatically whenever BIOS is updated. It is recommended to keep the updated version rather than going back to the previous version. The latest version comes with fixes and enhancements that are required for the computer. Is there any specific reason you want to get back to the older version? Are you facing any issues with the computer?

HI Appu,
Thanks for the quick reply. Actually my system doesn't start because the update failed. So I need to know how to get the Bios chip replaced? Or how to reinstall bios ?

3.1K Posts

Hi hitesh iiit,

There are some precautions that we need to abide before updating the BIOS. Failing to do so may cause system instability.

If the system doesn't start anymore, then the motherboard would have to be replaced. Let me know if your system is in warranty.

If the warranty has expired, you may contact our Out of warranty dept on 1-800-288-4410 (for USA only). If you are in a different country, then click on the link http://dell.to/ZU2f5L -> choose your country from the top left hand side -> click on 'Contact us' to get the contact information.

August 26th, 2013 11:00

I have upgraded my windows 7 os to windows 8. And I got some issues related to charger like it doesn't work when I plugin charger. So I thought of upgrading bios. But update failed after removing the previous version of it and there will be a black screen displayed when I power it on.

3.1K Posts

August 27th, 2013 17:00

Hi hitesh iiit,

When exactly does the black screen appear, after or before Dell logo?

You may try to drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer
  • Then remove the adapter and the battery
  • Press and hold the power button for 10-20 seconds
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter
  • Try to restart the computer and check
No Events found!