Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2011 10:00

what is softthinks scheduler?

everytime i turn on my computer and gets to the home screen this box pops up headed SOFTTHINKS SCHEDULER and say underneath - A Fatal Error Has Occured : 0x1900001000000F.

does anyone know what tis is or has had the same thing?  and knows how to get rid of it?

cheers

1 Message

October 24th, 2011 01:00

I have the same error and can't seem to get any help

cheers

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 24th, 2011 05:00

Softthinks Scheduler is part of Dell Data Safe.

A fatal error has occurred: 0x1900001000000F

Could be damage to the drive.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on the machine prior to this issue?

You could try these methods & see if they help.

Method 1

If the issue has occurred recently, you may need to perform system restore which will restore back the computer to the point when it was working fine.

To restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list. 

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

b. In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.

c. In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next.

d. Click Finish.

Note:When you perform System Restore to restore the computer to previous state, programs and updates you installed are removed.

System Restore: frequently asked questions

Method 2

You may configure the computer in clean boot state and then check if the issue persists.

It will start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs and helps to eliminate software conflicts.

The following link has steps showing how to perform clean boot:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please ensure that the computer is set to start as usual by following the step 7 from the article: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows7:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

For ‘Administrative Rights’, you may refer this link.

What is an administrator account?

No Events found!