Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2010 06:00

xps m1530 wxga display setting

Hi everyone.

I have a XPS M1530 which was on Vista and I have upgraded to Windows 7 using the upgrade cd from Dell.

Everything fine, except the display/screen setting. When I look at the display setting it says 'Mobile PC display'. However, I would expect it to say something like 'WXGA (1280x800) truelife'.

In Device Manager it is showing as Generic PnP Monitor. In Control Panel->Appearance and Personalisation->Display->Change Display Settings it is showing as Mobile PC display

I am happy with the graphics settings as this is showing as NVIDIA. I am just trying to find out if my display settings are correct or should it indeed be WXGA (1280x800) truelife. If so, can someone point me in the right direction as what I need to change or download. I have had a look at all the drivers section and I can only find the software for the video driver not the screen display.

Thanks,

Darren.

5.2K Posts

August 9th, 2010 13:00

The description in Display is correct. There is no driver for the screen itself. When you go to the NVidia Control Panel and select Change Resolution, the correct resolution for your display will be listed as "native". If native isn't selected, then do so.

August 9th, 2010 13:00

Thanks a lot for your reply, much appreciated. Cheers.

December 22nd, 2010 17:00

The description in Display is correct. There is no driver for the screen itself. When you go to the NVidia Control Panel and select Change Resolution, the correct resolution for your display will be listed as "native". If native isn't selected, then do so.

Thanks for your analysis! Now I got it, It's helpful to me, It's good for reference.
No Events found!