Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2007 18:00

PowerPath Solaris 8 and Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC 5.0

Normally we stick to the EMC support matrix very closely. For reasons that don't matter we ended up with Storage Foundation for Oralce Rac (SFRAC) cluster 5.0 (now Symantec, was Veritas) with PowerPath 4.3.1. Yes we did have some path issues when an FA went down on our DMX/3000. When I went to the support matrix to see what version of PowerPath to run I found that only SFRAC 4.0 was there. The volume manager and Filesystem at 5.0 are supported on Solaris 8 the cluster has simply not been tested and probably won't be as most have gone on to Solaris 9 or 10. So I'm looking at PowerPath 4.5 or possibly 5.0.2, anyone running a similar configuration? Any advice?

2.8K Posts

October 4th, 2007 01:00

Bruce unfortunatly I have something for you but it's not exactly the same configuration.

Our customer have a 5-nodes cluster with 2 different RAC instances and SFRAC .. But the customer choose NOT to overlap DMP and Powerpath. So our customer uses PowerPath on all the hosts that don't run Veritas and trusts DMP for all the hosts where it's already bundled in the OS. So my config is almost the same, if you forget about PowerPath ;-) ...

Sorry, can't help you further.
No Events found!