Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2017 11:00

Boot failure

My computer had been working fine for awhile, and I can't remember why or how, but this error message popped up on my screen saying "Floppy diskette seek failure; Strike the F1 Key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility; Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics", and for a couple months, just pressing F1 to continue booted my computer, but today, my computer wouldn't boot, and instead told me that there was no boot device available, and when I ran a diagnostic test, it booted up, but then just froze and restart and put me back in square 1, I'm not sure what to do.

• 

298 Posts

September 26th, 2017 13:00

Hi SheldonC,

You've reached the ImageAssist support forum. For general Dell technical support, please refer to the following location.

http://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/in/en/indhs1/contactus/dynamic

Thank you,

Tyler

1 Message

November 17th, 2019 12:00

Tyler,

Your response to SheldonC was a link that referred me to the Dell Vostro 410's SM and setup, running Win32, that has the same problem as Sheldon's pc except that the error we see involves diskette driver 0 (the C drive). In response to the message, we pressed F1 to continue on to Windows and everything appears to be OK until the next log on. Your help to resolve this problem will be much appreciated.

No Events found!