Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

June 13th, 2017 08:00

Image Assist and Office 365 activation

Greetings!

I built an image with Windows 10 (1703) and Office 365 using Imageassist (8.0.0.8).  My issue is with the office365 device licensing command OPPTransition.exe that runs as part of the first logon commands.  Since this command runs correctly as soon as I log in with my domain credentials I believe the error is because at this point it's trying to run as the local admin user.  I would like to activate office at or around this step in deployment if possible.

Thanks!

June 13th, 2017 09:00

I would check the certificate by copying the URL into IE to confirm the certificate is valid

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jpsanders/2009/09/16/troubleshooting-asp-net-the-remote-certificate-is-invalid-according-to-the-validation-procedure/

I would then confirm that Office 365 was setup correctly by checking installation setup to the forum

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/f/4916/t/19661340

for any other assistance check with Microsoft TechNet

technet.microsoft.com/.../dn788774

6 Posts

March 9th, 2018 11:00

@erwilliams Did you find a solution to this?

21 Posts

March 9th, 2018 12:00

Sure thing!

Here is the script snippet where I point to psexec on a share.  * This is for device authentication. *

\\cmwsus\sources$\pstools\PsExec.exe -h -accepteula -nobanner \\localhost -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD \\cmwsus\sources$\o365\OPPTransition.exe -Tenant SUPERLONGSECRETCODE -Key SUPERLONGSECRETKEY -Domain MICROSOFTDOMAIN -Version 16 -NoInstall -NoUninstall -Verbose

This was necessary for us so I could specify a domain account context for the command to run under, it wouldn't run under local admin no matter what I did.

6 Posts

March 9th, 2018 12:00

Thanks! Ill give this a shot if my current test case fails again.

6 Posts

March 13th, 2018 12:00

So Ive basically got this working but I just wanted to pass it by you to see if you were seeing the same behavior.

As part of the unattend.xml, the local Admin account is set to auto-login once. It runs some FirstLogon SynchronusCommands including OPPTransition and then it is supposed to restart the PC.

The OPPTransition process takes a while to run, it seems. Long enough that the local Admin account fully loads to the desktop and the OPPTransition window is on-screen still working away. After a couple of minutes it completes and reboots the PC. I can then login with domain account and everything is great.

Is that what you have experienced with this? Ideally the OPPTransition would complete before the Admin desktop loads so the computer restart. Would prefer users not have an opportunity to close the process window before it completes.

No Events found!