Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 6th, 2017 17:00

Not being Prompted to change options

Team

I've been sent an image from our head office in France, and I'm in Australia.

I have a couple of issues.

1 -  when I boot up the image from USB on a Dell OptiPlex 9020 test machine, that it comes up to the screen with the options for partitions, It wont allow me to change anything, it automatically comes up with a box "your about to restore your image, if you chose to continue all data on local drive will be deleted etc etc"

Is there a way to change this from happening?

I've run right through the install and it completes properly
2 - the other issue I have is I'm not prompted for username/password/domain. Our domain name is different to theirs in France.

Is there a way to change this? Maybe a config file or some way I can edit to change this? I've looked in Auto_Restore.xml and couldn't see anything in there.

Thanks

June 8th, 2017 04:00

Good morning,

Concerning the point 1, the settings might have been defined with an Auto_Restore.xml file that automates the process. In case this file is used, you should be able to find it in the Dell_Tools folder of the USB media and to remove it or modify it. In case no such file is there, I would advise you to install Dell ImageAssist on a PC, use it to create a new USB restore media, and use this media to restore the image. In case the issue persists, please contact us at the address EMEA_OSImaging@Dell.com to further troubleshoot it.

Concerning the point 2, the automated join domain is managed by the Unattend.xml file that can be found in the image in the Windows\Panther folder of the System partition (or system index in case you access the image content). You can modify the domain settings within the file or replace the existing with a new file (you can also create a new one easily with thte Unattend XML Creator tool offered by Dell ImageAssist). Please contact us at the address EMEA_OSImaging@Dell.com if you need any help to do that.

Best regards

Mattia Cabras

No Events found!