Highlighted
FCIT_AC
1 Nickel

Windows 10 1903 Black Screen

I have created new images using the new Windows 10 1903 update on Hyper-V. After creating the image and deploying it to machines, they tend to give a black screen where the lock screen should be (sometimes with a mouse, other times not). The monitor is getting signal as displayed by the indicator, but I cannot do anything. This typically happens right after Windows set up and occasionally when the screen locks or the system is restarted. I have updated the family driver packs that couple with the image during deployment as well. Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm at a loss.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gwwells
1 Copper

Re: Windows 10 1903 Black Screen

Yes.  I have the same issue and have not found a good work around other than rebooting. Highly annoying!!!

0 Kudos

Re: Windows 10 1903 Black Screen

The 1903 version was released then pulled back several times for issues. After final release, the OEMs have 3 months to get drivers prepared for the version. Driver packs for 1903 are not complete as of yet. I'm told they should be posted in a few weeks. Until then, there might be some issues with how 1903 behaves on some systems. When we release the driver packs on the ImageAssist site, you still have issues, please contact the ImageAssist Support desk and open a trouble ticket.

0 Kudos