Inspiron Desktops

Last reply by 06-29-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Blank screen Inspiron 2310

Hello.. I have dell inspiron one AIO 2310 i3 processor. The pc can turn on but the screen is blank. The LED is on, normal, fan noise, and i think there's hard disk activity. Nothing is shown on the screen. No post, no dell logo, no boot. But also no beep or blinking led power indicator. Looks like normal except nothing is on the screen. When I use it as hdmi input (as monitor only) of my other laptops's extended display, it displayed normal, the same as my laptop's screen. What's possible error ?
Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

system board is still good.  possible display adapter is broken.  It is like a desktop pc having a bad connection to monitor or nonworking video card while both pc and monitor are working.

View solution in original post

Replies (6)
6 Indium

In No POST situation of old Dell, replace cmos battery with a brand new CR2032 and try clear cmos setting by jumper reset on motherboard.  you need to be comfortable taking apart the AIO.

Clearing CMOS Passwords
1. Follow the instructions in Before You Begin.
2. Remove the back cover (see Removing the Back Cover).
3. Remove the system-board shield (see Removing the System-Board Shield).
4. Locate the 3-pin CMOS reset jumper (CLR_CMOS) on the system board. (see System Board Components).
5. Remove the 2-pin jumper plug from pins 2 and 3 and fix it on pins 1 and 2.

Inspiron One 2310 Intel Service Manual (dell.com)

Thank you for your response..

It is a new cr3023. And I had tried clear cmos. As I described, I don't get error signs of no post. No beeps, no blinking led. Just nothing on the screen. The keyboard's led are responsive. Numlock, caps lock, scroll lock. And no bios screen is displayed. But the sreen displayed normally when I used it as input hdmi.

try remove all memory chips and hard drive, then power on.  any beeps?

try install only one memory chip back.  do this test for each memory.  try a good PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM SODIMM 204pin memory you can borrow from another pc.

if still no display, the motherboard is presumed bad.  LCD display still good by itself.

I tried your suggestion. Removing harrdisk and all memory chips. And the result is when I press power button, the power LED turned orange and blinking. And I heard twice beeps. Then I Install 1 memory and turned on, the power led turn white (normal) and not blinking and no beeps. Tried the other memory and the same.

Then I reconnect hdd and it's like before, no blink no beep and hdd led is running. 

Now I try removing vga card and it makes no difference.

system board is still good.  possible display adapter is broken.  It is like a desktop pc having a bad connection to monitor or nonworking video card while both pc and monitor are working.

Thank you.. my problem is solved. It is the cable that connect between motherboard and the lcd is broken. I replace the cable and it's working normally.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor