Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

January 13th, 2018 18:00

Dell Inspiron 660 with nvidia gt 1030 Graphics Card

Hello,

I recently purchased a Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 to upgrade the graphics on my Inspiron 660.  After installing it on the machine I booted it up and right away the fan started spinning on the card just like it should.  However I was not getting any display from it.  I checked the Device Manager and under Display Adapters only the Intel Graphics showed up.  I updated the BIOS but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any idea what could be causing the problem?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 16th, 2018 05:00

Non dell cards would require SECURE BOOT OFF, Legacy CSM ON, Legacy Option Roms ON.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3156/

16 Posts

October 4th, 2018 09:00

Did you ever receive a solution to your question? I just purchased a GeForce GT 1030 and installed it into an Inspiron 660 running BIOS A13 and I'm getting the exact same thing.

I can get the card to work if I only plug in monitors to it  However, I cannot get it to work with Intel Multi-Display where I can use both the GeForce 1030 along with the on-board Intel graphics  

2 Posts

October 4th, 2018 11:00

I did not, I was never able to get any output from the card or have my pc detect it.  I tried updating BIOS and disabling secure boot etc. but no luck.  Let me know if you find any thing out!

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

October 4th, 2018 13:00

You cannot use the integrated video and a discrete card. A discrete card automatically disables the on board video. That is how it is supposed to work.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 4th, 2018 13:00

@Yogi76 wrote:

I just purchased a GeForce GT 1030
Inspiron 660 running BIOS A13 

1. I can get the card to work if I only plug in monitors to it 

2. However, I cannot get it to work with Intel Multi-Display where I can use both the GeForce 1030 along with the on-board Intel graphics  

1. This is the proper way to use it. Normally, a dedicated GPU disables any on-board graphics. Run all your monitors from your dedicated GPU.

2. Many here report strange display problems in Apps when this tricky/non-standard technology is Enabled (even when they manage to get it to barely work). I suggest you forget about it (see #1).

No Events found!