Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MM

2 Posts

June 25th, 2021 18:00

External Mic isn't Being Detected on my Dell Inspiron 24 3455

I have a headset with a microphone that isn't detected when I plug it in. I would try to fix this with Dell Audio but it's missing and I don't know what else to do.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

June 27th, 2021 12:00

What kind of plug does your headset use, USB or an audio plug? And if it's an audio plug, is it compatible with the headset port on left edge of the screen?

Did you open the Win 10 Microphone Privacy screen and make sure it's turned on? Then scroll down and allow apps to use it and then select which apps have permission:

microphone.jpg

June 28th, 2021 12:00

It is an audio plug and it does fit. Everything is also turned on but it still isn't detected. The problem is that the external microphone input isn't being detected and I can't change it from the internal one.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

June 28th, 2021 12:00

Just because the plug fits doesn't mean it's compatible...

Read this about TRS and TRRS plugs, etc.

There are some adapters available, but that depends on what the headset has and what the PC has.

9 Posts

February 6th, 2022 23:00

- I used the white and black banks all filled. Only left the green

- I want to add 2 modules of 8GB PC3-10600R DDR3-1333 Reg ecc memory. It will go in the green bank

- you can look here >

This configuration is possible? I have to check another specific information to compatibility? voltage? ranks?

Thanks for you suggestion

9 Posts

February 8th, 2022 23:00

It is an audio plug and it does fit. Everything is also turned on but it still isnt detected. The problem is that the external microphone input isn't being detected and I can't change it from the internal one.

0 Kudos

9 Posts

February 15th, 2022 04:00

I have an Inspiron AIO DT 5400 with a 220Gb SSD drive which I use mainly for web meetings. It has no data and only a few apps, Microsoft 365, Adobe Acrobat DC, Photoshop Indesign and Zoom. I recently started getting warnings from Windows to free up more disk space. When I checked there were only 375 Mb reported as free in Explorer. I have since managed to get the space up to 8 Gb by deleting a few things and turning off hibernation, etc.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

February 15th, 2022 10:00

@nisso8090  Have you checked the health of that SSD lately?  CrystalDiskInfo is a free tool to check the SSD.

If you recently updated to Win 11, there may still be a backup folder with the previous OS version taking up a big chunk of space on the SSD. So you may want to delete it to free up space.

If you also have a HDD in this AIO, you might consider uninstalling Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, etc, and then reinstalling them, but this time directing the installations onto the HDD (D drive).

No Events found!