Inspiron Desktops

Last reply by 06-29-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Fresh Windows 10 reset on Inspiron 5675 won't restart/shutdown

Hi everyone. I hope this is an appropriate place to post my issue, because I've spent a week trying to sort this with no luck.

I've been using my 5675 problem free since it was new. This past month I've run into blue screens while playing Rocket League a few times. I decided to wipe everything and start fresh. My important data is backed up on an external drive and unplugged. I used the Dell OS Recovery app to make a USB stick to recover my 5675 with service tag <Service tag removed>. Everything appears to work great. Windows 10 has around a dozen updates straight away and not all the proper drivers installed. Once the updates download, they are all pending install of other updates or a reboot. 

Now, the issue as far as I can tell. If I try to sign out/restart/shutdown it briefly begins to close Windows, and then hangs on this screen:

Closing 1 app and restarting

To go back and save your work, click Cancel and finish what you need to.

Task Host Window

Task Host is stopping background tasks. (\Microsoft\Windows\Plug and Play\Device Install Reboot Required)

Similar to this screen https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ILni3TO6ITc/hqdefault.jpg

I can't sort out why it's hanging, and I can't restart in order to complete the updates and driver installs. It appears there was a similar issue a couple of years ago after a Windows update, but none of the fixes I found from back then have helped me. Any thought? Thank you.

-Dusty

Labels (1)
Replies (11)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Task Host is an Windows program, and not malware or virus. There is no need to be worried about your system being damaged because of it. Task Host ensures that the programs running before were shut down correctly to avoid corrupting data and programs after shutting the system down.

I highly recommend closing all programs running before you reboot or shut down your computer. If you are unsure that there were no running programs prior to shutting down, you may take the following steps to resolve the " problem.

Answer Source - http://coverjunction.com/fix-task-host-window-is-stopping-background-tasks/

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Cause

The issue happens when an irksome update record keeps the framework from both refreshing itself and closing down.

Solution - Changing wpnuserservice esteem in Registry

1 - Search Registry proofreader in Windows search box.

2 - Now, click on Registry manager to open it.

3 - Now, Once the library supervisor opens up, go to the accompanying way by reordering the way in address bar of vault proofreader.

Presently, in the right side find a thing named start.

5-Double snap on start.

6-Change the worth information to 4. 7 - Now, restart your PC.

Cause

The issue happens when an irksome update record keeps the framework from both refreshing itself and closing down.

Solution - Changing wpnuserservice esteem in Registry

1 - Search Registry proofreader in Windows search box.

2 - Now, click on Registry manager to open it.

3 - Now, Once the library supervisor opens up, go to the accompanying way by reordering the way in address bar of vault proofreader.

Presently, in the right side find a thing named start.

5-Double snap on start.

6-Change the worth information to 4. 7 - Now, restart your PC.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor