Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2021 20:00

G5 5000 Buzzing noise coming from the tower

Haha Dell Tech kicked me out of here because I was asking about a buzzing sound on my new G5 5000 it's about 30 days old and its buzzing!! What the heck is wrong with it? 

I will post again to see how many people are having this problem. It's random buzzing. weird!

• 

109 Posts

February 3rd, 2021 17:00

Hello

Awaiting a response to our previous message. Please write back once you've available to take this conversation further. We're here to help! 

6 Professor

• 

7.3K Posts

February 4th, 2021 12:00

Is your G5 plugged into a UPS?  If it is, it needs to be pure sine wave vs. the cheaper stepped approximation sinewave.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

February 4th, 2021 18:00

@Dell Pickle Dude wrote:

Haha Dell Tech kicked me out of here because I was asking about a buzzing sound on my new G5 5000 it's about 30 days old and its buzzing!! What the heck is wrong with it? 

I will post again to see how many people are having this problem. It's random buzzing. weird!

If it's only 30 days old, you should contact Dell Tech Support directly. Have your Service Tag handy.

6 Professor

• 

7.3K Posts

February 4th, 2021 18:00

@Dell Pickle Dude ,

You'll be happy to know I had to say in a post that "My Win10 blocked itself," because the word (not profanity) I wanted to use was filtered.  Can't use a certain word with "itself" afterwards.

• 

25.1K Posts

February 4th, 2021 23:00

Glad to hear that!

Do private message us if you need further assistance or have any queries.

Kavyashree

So the mystery is resolved.

I had a plain powerstrip right along side the G5 Tower. I simply moved the powerstrip toward the back of the computer about 5 inches away and the buzzing noise is gone.

Thank you everyone!

So the mystery is resolved.

I had a plain electrical power strip right along side the G5 Tower. I simply moved the power strip toward the back of the computer about 5 inches away and the buzzing noise is gone.

Figured this one out on my own. Hahaha

Thank you everyone!

6 Professor

• 

7.3K Posts

February 5th, 2021 10:00

Also glad to hear it.  That's the first I've heard of an outlet strip causing that issue.

Does the outlet strip have any other connections, like USB for example?  Then it has it's own transformer.

Do keep us posted if anything else comes up.

February 5th, 2021 10:00

The power strip I have it connect to does not have USB connections. It a plain 8-10 outlet power strip with no bells and whistles. Somehow it was interfering with something in the G5 Tower. My buzzing noise is gone! 

I was worried I had a defective tower, but it's working like a charm now. 32RAM, i9, Nvidia 2070 Super Graphic Card with 10 cores.

Is that fast? It restarts in about 20 seconds or less! Haha

No Events found!