Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 2nd, 2019 03:00

Graphics card

Can i put video card ASUS GeForce GT710 2GB GDDR5 Video Card (GT710-SL-2GD5-BRK) in Dell Inspiron 3647?

2.5K Posts

August 2nd, 2019 06:00

why not? Dell Inspiron 3647

I have huge box of cards, and all work, in my PCs. every one. (express) back to  2006?

(all work but in many cases , folks even cut things up to fit, like HDD cage, or the like) looking only works and measuring as DELL Does not speck X16 slot, size limits, and the card choices are crazy huge, for length.

the limits are this: on all PCs. (there is no communications limits with PCI-e_) 

• fits and does not hit.  (things) omg look in side, its packed full now. oops. low profile cards only !
  • no slot power limits,
  • no PSU power limits.

just 3 limits,  simple, right,? the first is ruler thing, works every time, a ruler.(linear measurement device)

the slot limits, (2 clues, slot marked with power limit "25w" or in the manual show limits. I SEE NONE on slot.

that GT710 is only 19watts (seen in the wiki ) that be TINY power, flea power..

so will work,  based on power alone, not fit.

you own a tiny cased DESKTOP, none ive seen are easy 2 fit GPU cards,  for sure too long.

I see one for sale lacking hdd, and the slot  x16  one sees a brick wall cage there,  fully in the way of long cards

found that on ebay in 1min flat,  oops. use ruler and buy a 1/2 height card, that fits, no 2 are same length so buy with rulers measurements  written down.x16 on right, oops hits.x16 on right, oops hits.

2.5K Posts

August 2nd, 2019 07:00

some cards like this , 710 , are also sold as silent versions, no fan, and the heatsink is HUGE fan will not fit

In many tiny cased PCs.  do DEPTH  comes it to play there.

and some video cards the fan housing hits things,

see all form factors here, long and deep> sure. and that bad boy ASUS with no fan?

GT710-SL-2GD5-BRK  (the .7 seems ok? but the 6.7"  IDK , why not measure from Jbracket to cage hit point)

6.7 " x 2.7 " x 0.7 " Inch (actual card you stated)

No Events found!