Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

4 Posts

March 10th, 2019 03:00

Inspiron 24-5475, LCD issues

The LCD flashes/strobes all the time. LCD screen is pixelated. The computer is useless with this screen issue. In November I took it into ??? to get it fixed. Worked perfectly fine until last night. Now it's worse than it was before! Reading there were lots of problems with this computer is there any fix? It's barely been used we are extremely frustrated!

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 10th, 2019 13:00

If you're under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support ASAP. Have Service Tag handy.

If not under warranty, there's Dell Out Of Warranty Repair service.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 10th, 2019 14:00

I am new to this...where is the forum software?
* You just replied using the Forum software.

Since it is out of warranty, Dell policy states that you must contact our Out of Warranty Support offering.

4 Posts

March 10th, 2019 14:00

It was sent back to Dell once didn't fix the problem then it's out of warranty now. Dell sells junk these days. 800 dollar computer that is now useless.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 10th, 2019 15:00

@Buffny85 wrote:

It was sent back to Dell once didn't fix the problem then it's out of warranty now. Dell sells junk these days. 800 dollar computer that is now useless.

If it was working until last night, how can you say Dell didn't fix it? Did somebody else work on this PC after Dell? And in that case, did they give you any warranty for whatever they did?

Not a fix but a potential work-around...plug an external monitor or TV into the HDMI-OUT -port #9- on rear of the PC.

If you don't have an external monitor that supports HDMI, you could plug in a USB3>{video} dongle, where {video} is a port supported by whatever monitor you have available. Make sure the dongle supports your version of Windows, and the "native" (= optimal/recommended) resolution for the monitor.

That could add a little more useful life to this PC...

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

@Buffny85 wrote:

It's an all in one desktop..

What does that matter?

It has an HDMI-OUT on the rear of the PC to connect an external monitor or TV. Just needs some extra space on the desk for an external monitor and a cable. If the desk is wide enough you could put a flat panel monitor in front of the 5475 or push the PC off to the side.

Keyboard and mouse are wireless so they don't have to directly in front of the PC...

4 Posts

It's an all in one desktop..

4 Posts

What a piece of garbage this computer is...known problems with it that Dell doesn't know how to fix. I'll take it to a recycling center instead of killing my entire afternoon talking to Dell in India which is absolutely useless.

No Events found!