Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2018 01:00

Inspiron 27-7775 AIO, audio jack not working

Hi community :)

I've had my Inspiron for a while now, but suddenly it seems that the Audio jack's not working anymore. I recall that I had trouble getting the audio OFF the headphones a while back, but I can't remember what settings I tweaked or where. I've checked the input in the windows control panel, and it's set to Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio). I can't find any Realtek driver when searching, and seriously don't know where to start troubleshooting this. Would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction :)

/ Cathrine

21 Posts

October 29th, 2018 15:00

I tried the Windows audio troubleshooter and reinstalled the Realtek driver. This has fixed the issue :) I'm now getting a message when plugging in headphones, and the sound goes to those. When I unplug headphones the sound goes back to the built in speakers. 

Case solved :)

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 24th, 2018 06:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Was there any recent software change like Windows update or software installation done?

Do you get any pop-up message when you connect the headphone?

Open device manager-expand sound & video – right click on the Realtek driver & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) & restart the computer. This will refresh the driver.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

21 Posts

October 24th, 2018 07:00

Hi, I always update when prompted for it, the only exception being the latest BIOS update as I really don't know what this does :p 

I've sent you the service tag and other info, thank you for responding :)

C

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 30th, 2018 06:00

Glad to know that this has been resolved. Appreciate your patience on this.

Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

1 Message

February 24th, 2021 23:00

Hi I found this topic, because  I have same problem. I unnistalled Realtek driver, restarted PC (Dell AIO 5477) and not working. The problem suddenly appeared. After switching from HDMI mode to desktop. When I plug-in headphones I get popup settings from MaxxAudioPro.

How can solve it? 

Regards, Adrian

No Events found!