Highlighted
longnh
1 Copper

Inspiron 3470, Windows 10 on SSD, HDD not shown?

Hello everyone, I just bought my new Dell Inspiron 3470 which has a 1 TB HDD. The default OS is Ubuntu. I plugged in a Samsung SSD and then I installed Windows 10 to the SSD (Disk 1). But I cannot see the HDD in Windows 10 (Disk 0) in Windows Explorer although it does show up in Windows Disk Management and EaseUS Partition Master. - Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/MEylFLF 1. Can anyone please tell me how to make the Disk 1 appear in Windows Explorer? 2. I've installed Windows 10 to Disk 2 (SSD), so I want to store my data to Disk 1 (the built-in one), may I delete all partition of "Disk 1" and create a single partition to store data? Would I be able to boot to Windows if I do that? Thank you!

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
bmcowboy
3 Zinc

Re: Inspiron 3470, Windows 10 on SSD, HDD not shown?

Hi @longnh ,

Generally, Win10 cannot access file on Linux based file system like Ext4 of Ubuntu. You need 3rd party tools to do so. Check out this article for more details.

“May the Force be with Dell.”
longnh
1 Copper

Thank you. But I don't have any data stored in that disk. Can I use EaseUS Partition Matter to reformat this disk without affecting current Windows?

0 Kudos
bmcowboy
3 Zinc

Hi @longnh ,

If no data on that HDD as well as no need to run Ubuntu anymore, yes you can format it by Windows Disk Management or 3rd party tools like EaseUS.

“May the Force be with Dell.”
0 Kudos