Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

4 Posts

September 11th, 2018 01:00

Inspiron 3668, 24 pin to 6 pin adapter?

Hello All,

Bought my kid a 3668 last year and he's decided all of a sudden he wants to game.  He's interested in a 1060 or better card which of course requires a stronger power supply.  I am aware that we'll have to migrate everything to a larger case but while I was looking at power supplies noticed that the 3668 utilizes a non standard 6 pin main power connector.  I've found plenty of 24 to 8 pin adapters for Dell mobos but can't seem to find any 24 to 6 pins.

Anyone have any idea where I may be able to purchase one or if one is even available anywhere?

Thanks!

~BW

2 Posts

September 11th, 2018 03:00

Try the DELL official site or perhaps some third-party vendors such as ebay or amazon. 

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 11th, 2018 04:00

You can pretty much forget moving this board to a new case without major surgery to sheet metal and new custom made wiring - this system is a dead end.  If you're going to buy a new case anyway, replace the mainboard, power supply and heatsink assembly with standard ones, and move over the CPU, RAM, and drives.

September 11th, 2018 09:00

This is pretty much the same conclusion I've come to but thought I would check here in case someone knew of an adapter somewhere before I moved forward.  Thanks for the feedback.

No Events found!