Highlighted
410nick
1 Nickel

Inspiron 3670, GTX 1050 Ti, card size

Jump to solution

Hello, so my question is I ordered the 3670 Inspirion i5-8400 optane memory version. If I purchase the MSI Geforce GTX 1050 ti, does it matter what size it is? For example, a single fan or double fan one. I dont know the exact measurements because I'm still waiting for the 3670 to arrive. Or is it a universal size and any one will fit in the slot. I'm only asking because Amazon is offering this in different sizes. Some models have 1 fan and some models have 2. I dont want to purchase the wrong one. Someone please help? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: Inspirion 3670 GTX 1050 ti graphics card size

Jump to solution

Do not order any video card until you get the computer. You should know that the 3670 cannot be easily upgraded. It has a small proprietary power supply (less than 300w) that is hard to replace. It most likely cannot run the card you are considering since it requires a min 300w psu. Also the case measurements must be considered. A large card will not fit. Notice that you cannot order a separate video card when customizing. The only option is the integrated video Intel 630.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/inspiron-desktop/spd/inspiron-3670-desktop/nd...

Edit-- See this post with an answer from an expert with specific info--

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/Dell-Inspiron-3670-PSU-upgrade/m-p/7267040#M11587%2...

0 Kudos
410nick
1 Nickel

Re: Inspirion 3670 GTX 1050 ti graphics card size

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response Mary. I found a solution as I spoke with a Dell Sales Expert. You are right about most graphics cards not fitting in the 3670, however I did find one that perfectly fits which is a low profile GTX 1050 ti 4 gb. No additional PSU is needed even though recommended being the performance peaks at a max of 75 watts in which I don't plan on overclocking. The second link you posted, the person noted a few cards that would also fit. That low profile card is also listed under the compatible ones. I did a bit of research, with the sales rep and they informed me that the card should be no longer than 182mm. I found one for a reasonable price that will fit into the slot perfectly. I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos