Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

10 Posts

September 9th, 2018 17:00

Inspiron 3670, freezing

I just got a new Dell Inspiron desktop 3670-5207 two days ago. Every once in a while, the mouse freezes whether I'm on the web or playing a game or just on the desktop. It only lasts for a couple of seconds, maybe 2-10. Sometimes the screen freezes also.

2 Posts

September 9th, 2018 21:00

Hi,

Go to device manager and uninstall touchpad drivers and restart the device.

Also, try the below steps to fix freezing issues. 

Press and hold win + R > Type "%temp" and delete the files

Press and hold win + R > Type "prefetch" and delete the files

10 Posts

September 10th, 2018 07:00

I don't see touchpad in my device manager, I don't have a touchpad.

6 Posts

February 1st, 2020 23:00

I have the same problem. Intermittent freezing anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds. I've tried everything and the problem persists. Sometimes it doesn't happen for days and sometimes it happens multiple times in a day. I've given up at this point and will never buy a Dell again. This is my 5th or 6th Dell.

18 Posts

February 2nd, 2020 02:00

I know people think you are crazy or you did something wrong.  I am I right?  Warning, if the freeze last longer than 10 second, then your computer is crashing.  And it will keep restarting until you do a hard shut down.  Check out the "Re: Inspiron 3650, freezing" for more suggestions.  The 2 Inspirons are nearly identical.  Currently I have moved the MECLR1 jumper from pins 1 & 2 CLEAR CMOS (factory position) to pins 2 & 3 NORMAL MODE. Once I understood what needed to be do, it was easy to move.  But tweezers are a must and a bright light with a magnifying glass will help.  For now I am pondering what might happen when I push the power button.

6 Posts

February 4th, 2020 21:00

Disable or set to manual, Dell SupportAssist and Dell SupportAssist Remediation in services. This seems to have fixed it for me.

1 Message

February 22nd, 2020 14:00

Same here. 10 seconds at a time. Cursor freezes and there is a bzzzz in the speaker.  Randomly several times a day. Then it clears. Came from the factory doing it. I knew it wouldn't be worth the hassle to even contact support.

No Events found!