Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

2 Posts

August 10th, 2020 01:00

Inspiron 3671 boot to SSD

I bought Inspiron 3671 including HDD en SSD (M2). I want to add SSD from previous pc (Samsung EVO 850) in new Inspiron and boot on Samsung EVO 850. SSD M2 could be formatted. 

I can't find boot option in BIOS to boot on Samsung EVO 850. Any suggestions?

• 

25.1K Posts

August 10th, 2020 02:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

September 28th, 2020 11:00

Did you get this working? I'm looking to do the same thing. Bought a 3671 from the outlet and hoping to boot in to my SATA SSD as well.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 28th, 2020 20:00

You have to clone the HDD and copy that image onto the new SSD. You can use Macrium Reflect (free), if the SSD didn't come with its own cloning software.

When that's done, disconnect the SATA data cable between original HDD and the motherboard. Close case and reboot normally. PC should boot from the new SSD.

Assuming PC boots OK from the SSD, reconnect the SATA data cable between original HDD and motherboard. Close case and power PC on. Start tapping F12 when you see the Dell splash screen. When the F12 menu opens, look for the option to boot from the SSD on that menu.

After PC boots from SSD to desktop, launch Disk Manager in Win 10 and initialize the HDD. (ALL files will be deleted from the HDD.)

After the HDD is initialized with Disk Manager, restart normally. PC should boot from SSD and the HDD can now be used for storage.

No Events found!