herbsz
2 Bronze

Inspiron 3847, error 2000 - 0122

Hi, I am having a problem with my dell inspiron 3847. I am getting the blue screen of death; I was able to somehow pull error code error code : 2000-0122; validation 120537. The error states "msg: memory errors detected limit exceeded additional errors will not be resolved slot: dimm1". I can't seem to find anything about this error related to the Inspiron 3847. Can anyone let me know what I need to do to resolve this? Also, I will mention I deleted some files a few days ago to clean up my harddrive; However, the computer ran just find for a couple of days after that.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
speedstep
8 Krypton

Re: Dell Inspiron 3847- Error 2000 - 0122

Test each of the 4 sticks one at a time.  Then add back 1 stick at a time.  These must be pairs.  You cannot mix speed and rank and density.

QUAD RANK or Registered or ECC ram is NOT supported.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Mary G
7 Thorium

You have a memory failure in slot 1. It could be the ram chip in slot 1 is bad or there is no chip in the slot or even the slot on the motherboard is bad. If it is a bad chip, it can be replaced but a bad slot on the board means replacing the computer. It would not be cost effective to replace a motherboard.

https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/Possible-memory-problem/td-p/4588991

0 Kudos
herbsz
2 Bronze

Ok, I see; Looks like I can just order a chip and replace it? How hard is that?

0 Kudos