Jackaube
1 Copper

Inspiron 5675, Power LED, 6 blinking amber

My Dell Inspiron 5675 gets 6 Amber lights when I try to start it up, pretty sure it is a video card problem but mine is plugged in right and should be working. im running windows 10.does anyone know what the issue is?please help thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: Inspiron 5675 6 Amber lights

It is a GPU issue -- unplug the system, hold the power button for 30 sec.  Then remove and reinstall the video card.

See if it'll power up thereafter.

Is this a new card, or one you've been using for a while?

0 Kudos
Jackaube
1 Copper

I got the system in february, I've already tried unplugging and holding the power button and turning on without and progress though( I didn't remove and reinstall card after doing this though) and for an update I booted it up with same results, but the power button turned white after awhile, nothing on screen, no lights on inside computer, and mouse and keyboard didn't light up. I read that it could be updating so I think I'll leave it do this for a while. Is that a good idea or no?

0 Kudos
Jackaube
1 Copper

Update just tried powering down unplugging and holding power button then uninstalling and reinstalling the card and no luck.

0 Kudos

Do you have another PCIe x16 video card to test in there?

0 Kudos
Jackaube
1 Copper

I'm not sure what that means I have the default Inspiron 5675,

0 Kudos

You stated, "pretty sure it is a video card problem", which is why I asked, "Do you have another PCIe x16 video card to test in there?". Meaning, do you have another PCIe x16 video card on hand to test? If not, disconnect the monitor cable from the video card. Open the case. Remove the video card from the motherboard slot, reseat it, reconnect the monitor cable, then retest.

0 Kudos