Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

54 Posts

October 9th, 2018 03:00

Inspiron 5676, S2319NX, no sound ?

Hi,

I just purchase a new Dell Inspiron 5676 desktop gaming. I love it. But the only thing is that it has no sound? Is there a driver I have to download to get sound? I find it odd that a gaming desktop doesn't have sound. I also tired connecting a bluetooth speaker and it didn't find it.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 9th, 2018 03:00

There is sound in the PC, perhaps you don't have the correct Playback audio device selected.  

You didn't state what connection you have for Video and what speakers you have.  However, if you are connecting the monitor via HDMI then Windows defaults to HDMI as the default audio playback device and if you have conventional speakers connected to the GREEN speaker out jack on the rear you will not get audio.  You will have to manually change the default audio playback device to "Speakers".   

I have this configuration, HDMI for monitor and conventional speakers.  I have disabled the HDMI audio in the Device Manager and that allows the "Speakers" to be the default audio playback device without having to manually do it every time I boot Windows.

This is just a guess.  More specific info is needed to properly answer your question.

54 Posts

October 9th, 2018 04:00

i have a dell s2319nx monitor and it showing the monitor speakers which is not getting any sound  and how do i find these settings ?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 9th, 2018 08:00

Part of the audio setup is to select either PC Audio or HDMI.  If you want to use the HDMI it must be selected as the source.  As the volume buttons.

Go through the users manual (linked below) and make sure you have it all set correctly.  If you still have problems after going through the manual, best to contact Dell support since its all new.  If there is a defective part only Dell support can get it corrected under warranty.  This forum is a users helping users forum (with a Dell forum moderator) not Dell tech support.

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_display/dell-s2319nx-monitor_user%27s-guide_en-us.pdf

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 9th, 2018 09:00

The S2319NX does not have built in speakers. Only the S2319H has those. The Inspiron 5676 does not have built in speakers.

See page 6 of the S2319NX User's Guide =
Capture1.JPG

See page 9 =
Capture2.JPG

You have to connect powered external speakers to the S2319NX bottom #3 Audio Line Out port OR to the Inspiron 5676 rear green Audio Out port.

No Events found!